Sunday, November 18, 2012

scary thought

So, here we are again , still doing research and mulling over a mission staement  . I think I may have one. More on that later.
The research was interesting I went to my sons school website to see what information they had, remarkably after 20 minutes I found it, it was the same useless rhetoric, it was actually a copy of what I was handed in their office . I got to thinking about that and I cosidered looking into what premptive things are being done I think thats where I might go with this (I am just starting out so I am still coming up with ideas )
When I was at the store the other day I noticed a man coming in with small children, school age the oldest looked about 8 or 9 (you have to be careful approaching parents ) I got his attention and I
asked if he ever thought about bullying and he siad "kind of " then I asked him if, his children were involved in bullying what would he do. He shrugged and said "go to the school ?" I thanked hm and left .On the way home I thought, thats scary. He had no idea what he would do and he assumed I meant if his children were bullied not if his children were bullies . I got to thinking about that and I am going to check it out, what are the schools doing to provide preemptive information to students and parents. Along with the information you get after the fact I think it would be useful to get information before the fact
I am thinking about signs to be put up in schools and malls, not so much like cute signs like hang in there baby, but awareness signs with facts and such.
Well off to do more research and work on that pesky mission statement .
Toodles........

No comments:

Post a Comment